Gum disease can unfortunately return. To avoid this.
- Maintain good oral hygiene following the procedure and on a regular basis.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth is necessary.
- An antimicrobial mouthwash can also help to kill any remaining bacteria in the mouth and is highly recommended.
- Patients should also avoid or discontinue smoking.
- Smoking significantly increases the risk of contracting another infection and it is best to quit to avoid problems.
Following the procedure, the dentist will provide specific instructions to each patient. It is extremely important to listen to these suggestions and incorporate them into your daily hygiene routine.