The All-on-4 dental treatment gives you another reason to smile again with confidence, not worrying about broken and compromised teeth. The ingenious treatment follows the procedure of teeth being supported by dental implants. This method is for the total rehabilitation of patients with broken and decayed teeth. The All-on-4 treatment even works for patients whose teeth are compromised due to gum diseases.
The advancements in dental implant technology have made treatment of dental prosthetics easier and faster. Today, you can get 10-14 teeth implants on a fixed prosthesis within 24 hours. This is typically carried out with a surgery that places four implants in the anterior maxilla, the upper jawbone.
You can get one full arc of teeth with four dental implants. The All-on-4 implant treatment is not an invention but a treatment technique that has evolved over the past few years. Nobel Biocare is credited with being among the first to identify this procedure for treatments.
Do You Have Missing or Broken Teeth?
Missing or broken teeth can have an adverse effect on your social life. You can get more conscious speaking to people and be expressing yourself. The loss of teeth leads to the loss of bone in upper and lower jaws. You can identify the loss of bone with the help of a Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) scan. If there are more than 4 teeth that need to be replaced, then All-on-4 dental implants are suitable for the treatment. If you are looking to have a dental implant in Texas, then reach out to an oral surgeon in Carrollton and Grapevine to schedule an appointment for placing the implants.
How Missing and Broken Teeth are replaced?
Missing teeth or broken teeth can be replaced with traditional implants. However, when the number of teeth to be replaced is more, an All-on-4 implant is recommended that comes with titanium screws to fit inside your jawbone and replace the root part of the missing teeth. You don’t need a dental implant for each and every one of your missing tooth. The beauty of All-on-4 implant is that it is placed on the top and bottom of the jawbone to restore your full smile in a single day.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium screws that are surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath the gum line to mount replacement teeth and fill the blank space. Unlike a denture, an implant doesn’t come loose as it is fixed to the jawbone. The All-on-4 dental implants ensure that you get the entire row of top or bottom teeth with a single procedural surgery. Some of the common reasons for dental implants are gum diseases which lead to teeth decay in children and adults. Fixing an appointment with a periodontist will ensure you get proper treatment and care for your decayed teeth. Texas residents can contact periodontist in Carrollton and Grapevine to set up appointments.
What are the Procedures Performed in this Treatment?
All-on-4 dental implants have a success rate of over 98% and ensure that you smile without hesitation for the rest of your life.
Here are the procedures involved in this treatment.
- Your dentist recommends you an All-on-4 procedural treatment after feeling that you’ve lost most of your teeth, if not all of it.
- You accept the treatment and get ready to have an All-on-4 provisional prosthesis.
- The dentist precisely places titanium implants in your mouth that serves as an anchor for the full dental bridge.
- The bridge is supported by only four dental implants and you can have a new set of fully functional teeth on the same day of treatment.
- The implant feels like natural teeth and thus allows you to regain the natural bite and smile in a short time.
Benefits of All-on-4 Treatment
There are multiple benefits of an All-on-4 treatment which quickly gives you back the lost smile.
- The implants attached to your jawbone are fully functional and you will not have any difficulties in using it.
- You can eat whatever you want without worrying about breaking your implant. The new set of teeth is as hard as your real teeth and will let you bite and chew everything you normally do.
- Eliminate the health issues that arise with you having decayed and bad teeth with All-on-4 implants.
- You can easily care for your teeth and start your mornings with the same regular brush you give to real teeth.
- Get the long-lasting smile without the inferiority complex of having to expose bad teeth while smiling.
- Improve your appearance as the new set of teeth will fill any void in your mouth and give you back the perfect facial appearance again.